Status Update (June 1st, 2020)

A NEW EXECUTIVE ORDER PERMITS HOSPITALITY BUSINESSES TO BEGIN TAKING RESERVATIONS JUNE 1 BOOKING WITH NON-RESIDENTS ASKED TO QUARANTINE FOR 14 DAYS ON THE HONOR SYSTEM.

This was the headline May 14, 2020 in the Portland Press Herald. Governor Mill’s Economic and Community Development Commissioner, Heather Johnson, in charge of implementing the Governor’s Order stated “Visitors from outside of Maine are still being asked to quarantine for 14 days after getting here, but she said the state had no enforcement protocol for the quarantine requirement.

Since the the so-called honor system was announced,  The court stated;

“Although the quarantine rule purports a certain neutrality insofar As it imposes a restriction on all who enter the state, including state residents, it effectively discriminates among members of the public in practical application because it grants or denies access to Maine’s goods and services based on citizenship status and access to reality, without regard to the presence or absence of circumstances that would justify imposition of circumstances that would justify imposition of such a burden on a person when considered as an individual.”

The court concluded “The [Campgrounds] Advance a civil rights action that has potential.” The United States Department of Justice field a brief in support of the Campgrounds asserting the quarantine requirement discriminates against out of state travelers and violates the constitutional right to travel

COVID Cancellation Options:   Effective until June 21st

Please note there is no playbook or rule book for a pandemic such as this.  We are doing the best we can to balance everything.

We are making the following exceptions to our cancellation policy in the form of transfer bonuses and credits.

Option 1:  transfer your reservation to 2021 (or later in 2020).  We will transfer your deposit at a value of 120%.

Option 2:  cancel your reservation but not make a new reservation, receive a 110% credit.

Option 3:  cancelling your reservation requesting a refund. In this scenario, normal cancellation policy would apply but instead of losing the value of the cancellation fee, we will leave it in your account as a credit for any future stay.  Please understand that we are still operating on 2019 income (and now giving some of that back).  It's now looking like that we may need to get to 2021 with the 2019 income.  We are not keeping any deposits as cancellation fees. Deposits will kept as credits for any future stays.  This is not out of greed but simply a means to pay essential bills and stay throughout 2020.

We appreciate your understanding during this crisis.

Updated June 1st, 2020 

 

2020 Cancellation Policy

PARK HOME RENTALS and CABIN RENTALS

  • All PARK HOME AND CABIN deposits remain NON-REFUNDABLE.  
  • To transfer your reservation to 2021 you will receive a 20% bonus. 
  • Cancellations without making new reservations will receive a 110% credit of their deposit

RESERVATIONS Made in 2020

  • Cancellations will receive a 75% refund.  The remaining 25% will be applied to your account for any future stay with no expiration.
  • Transfer your reservation to 2021 and receive a 20% bonus of your deposit.

RESERVATIONS made in 2019 for the 2020 Season

  • A fee equivalent to a 1 night stay will be transferred to your guest account as a credit for any future stay with no expiration.  The remainder of the deposit will be refunded.
  • Transfer your reservation to 2021 and receive a 20% bonus of your deposit.
  • Cancel but do not request a refund and receive 110% of credit of your deposit to be used for any future stay with no expiration